We're looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to work in our Northern Region, initially working on a 'Slow the Flow' flood alleviation scheme in Leeds.
- Undertake day to day setting out duties
- Train, manage and mentor Junior Engineers
- Manage and monitor all site sample / performance testing requirements and maintain records in line with the contract specification.
- Complete hazard / risk assessments and method statements
- Manage the site service plans/ drawings
- Issue permits accordingly
- Assist the site QS / Project Manager with providing the relevant information for records and claims purposes.
- Monitor and control temporary works
- Develop and maintain relations with client, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
We are seeking someone with excellent communication skills with the ability to mentor and progress the skills of the industrial / graduate engineers. Must have previous setting out experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience in heavy civils with a main contractor, specifically flood alleviation experience. The successful candidate must also have a CSCS card and a suitable qualification in civil engineering, minimum requirement HND. A First Aid, SMSTS and a Degree in Civil Engineering would also be desirable for this role.We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work, we also offer a company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, a company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.